Inquiry Nurturing Programs Can Help Colleges and Universities Drive Higher Enrollments at a Lower Cost

December 12, 2012 | Alyssa Trenkamp

White Paper Highlights Strategies to Reengage “Inclined but Inactive” Inquiries

Salt Lake City – Dec. 12, 2012 – Datamark, Leads360, and Neustar® (formerly TARGUSinfo) have teamed up to publish a collaborative white paper on the benefits of inquiry nurturing programs for higher education. The white paper outlines the right tools, channels and messaging for schools to reengage existing student prospects and help them progress through the enrollment process.

“The likelihood of a prospective student enrolling is 40 percent based on what happens before the inquiry is submitted to a school, while the other 60 percent is often dictated by how the inquiry is managed once it is in the school’s system,” said Martin Lind, Education Industry Manager at Leads360. “Having the right processes in place to keep in touch with potential students can make all the difference in whether individuals ultimately enroll.”

The three companies surveyed private sector colleges on their current approach to targeting past inquiries. The group found that approximately 33 percent of institutions surveyed thought it was easier to buy new inquiries rather than nurture existing ones. Additionally, almost 35 percent of schools said they stop contacting inquiries within the first 90 days, while more than 60 percent halt outreach after 90 days.

A regular, rules-driven inquiry nurturing program can turn a previous prospect into an inbound call, which can save a school’s admissions team time and money. When done the right way, an inquiry nurturing program can drive significant outcomes in terms of higher enrollment yield, improved productivity and cost savings.

The new white paper “Inclined But Inactive: Strategies to Win Over Past Prospects” is available for free download at Datamark’s website.

About Datamark

Since 1987, Datamark ( has delivered innovative, data-driven marketing exclusively to higher education. The company provides marketing advisory research services, full-service lead generation and management, and conversion marketing solutions designed to reach, engage and motivate prospective students. Focusing on performance and visibility into the student enrollment cycle, Datamark helps schools drive higher return on their marketing investment.

About Leads360

Leads360 is the market-leading enrollment management platform, proven to deliver smarter, more efficient recruiting and enrollment processes for schools that compete for students. With unmatched expertise, drawn from managing over 40 million prospects for more than 5,000 clients, Leads360 is the platform of choice for the nation’s largest and most successful educational institutions and business organizations. Leads360’s cloud-based, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution meets the needs of the most demanding admissions departments, from multi-campus national institutions with large admissions departments to highly-focused specialty schools with only a handful of enrollment counselors. Whether student prospects are generated online or offline, a more powerful and efficient way to identify and enroll students that are the best fit for a school can be found at

About Neustar® (formerly known as TARGUSinfo)

Neustar® (formerly TARGUSinfo) is the division of Neustar, Inc. (NYSE: NSR) and the trusted real time information services and marketing analytics provider for higher education institutions – both online and campus-based. Neustar® is the only one with IAN-the market-proven, on demand insight engine, fueled by the most authoritative and current data available anywhere. IAN powers a broad suite of complementary, multi-channel consumer information solutions that help schools and universities make informed, actionable decisions on prospective student inquiries in real time – one interaction at a time. Neustar® solutions helps schools increase contactability, determine best contact channel, understand their ideal student to know where to find more of them and tailor their website’s to each site visitor. Learn more at


Follow Leads360 on Twitter:

Media Contact:

Alyssa Trenkamp
PR Manager, Leads360
(310) 765-7392

Search for...